Saturday, March 07, 2015

Going all Munger on your asses!

Thinking about the NSA, and HRC and the Ferguson police department, I was drawn to this quote from John Locke as posted by Ta-Nehisi Coates:

"The injury and the crime is equal, whether committed by the wearer of a crown, or some petty villain. The title of the offender, and the number of his followers, make no difference in the offence, unless it be to aggravate it. The only difference is, great robbers punish little ones, to keep them in their obedience; but the great ones are rewarded with laurels and triumphs, because they are too big for the weak hands of justice in this world, and have the power in their own possession, which should punish offenders. What is my remedy against a robber, that so broke into my house?"


and then to the old Mungerian chestnut from Edmond Burke:

In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!

Damn Gubmint got me all crabby on a beautiful Saturday morning!

1 comment:

gcallah said...

Angus, are you aware the Burke's work was a parody?