Tuesday, March 06, 2012

When cannons are outlawed....

From the LA Times:

"Authorities said the cannonball that struck and killed a 33-year-old woman in San Diego County was homemade and that alcohol was involved in the incident.


 The woman's husband and another man were working on a cannon shortly after midnight outside the couple's mobile home when it exploded, according to a Cal-Fire spokesman. One of the two men was sent to the hospital with minor injuries.


The incident is being investigated by the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.


Few details were immediately available, and it's unclear exactly what killed the woman. The incident occurred in a mobile home park in Potrero on the Mexican border."

Here I go people, I just can't help myself:

1. A "homemade cannonball"? Really?

2. I don't think alcohol was the only problem.

3. There is a really severe contradiction in the first and last 'grafs of the article: "cannonball struck and killed" vs. "unclear exactly what killed". Get a grip, LA Times

4. This incident reminded me of one of my favorite songs and videos of all time:






Hat tip to RKG

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what is your point? Cannons are guns and should be regulated? or not? Stupidity should be regulated. You have driver's license. Why not a gun license?

Angus said...

Anon: I can see where my title might have made you think I was trying to make a point, and for that I apologize. I thought "when cannons are outlawed, only outlaws will own cannons" was a funny line and the entire post was meant to be filed in the humor category.

David Pinto said...

The video seems like a Kate Jackson lookalike contest. :-)

Dave said...

You "Label" tags are always good, but for this post they are GREAT.

NN said...

Hmmm... Meth lab? Too predictable?

Anthony said...

The original headline on this story was "Alcohol probed in case of cannonball that killed woman".

Really? How do you probe alcohol?

I suppose it says something that the LA Times eventually caught how stupid that sounds, and changed the headline.