Wednesday, November 02, 2011

I'd do anything for love but I won't do that

KPC friend David Tufte reports that his university (Southern Utah) is looking for faculty members willing to let students stay at their house for the rest of the semester!

I am not making this up.

Are there no navigable bodies of water nearby where the kids could stay on cruise ships for the semester like they are doing at St. Mary's college in Maryland?



Academics out there: what's the weirdest thing your university has asked you to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last summer I got an email to the effect that there were a number of scholars visiting from Europe and the university needed its faculty to volunteer to let these folks stay at our homes--in one case we had to also provide a vegan diet.

I chose not to participate.