Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Mungowitz's shocking secret revealed!

People, legal newsline has broken this story wide open. I just can't believe it, but there it is in black and white.

When Mungo and I were in grad school together, I was always tagging along behind him as he worked the system, made friends, charmed the professors, and pretty much got whatever he wanted (I was basically a spiky simmering ball of resentment and sarcasm the whole time).

But apparently I actually did A LOT BETTER than he at Wash U, as the story makes clear:

"Munger earned his master's degree in economics at Washington University in St. Louis and worked as a staff economist at the Federal Trade Commission. A Libertarian who received 3 percent of the 2008 vote for governor, Munger is also the head of the political science department at Duke."

I was somehow under the impression that both of us got our PhDs from good old don't wash me, Wash U.

Mungo, you got some 'splainin' to do!

ps. maybe Avanash K. Dixit retroactively revoked your doctorate?

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avinash....Avinash!
Short and dark, shiny on top!
Came into ....my house today.
And he took, my PHD AWAY!

Shawn said...

maybe munger's apparent blurriness made it hard for the phd to stick, somehow.

yikes, what a crappy picture.

Anonymous said...

Most people form their durable lifetime friendships in high school. Grad school is late, for this. dave.s.

Anonymous said...

The Rule of Life: You go to school until you stop being an assh**e.

Notice that Munger is still "in school."