Thursday, January 08, 2009

Celtic Collapse?

I should be up front here. I am not a Celtic fan. I liked Magic, not Larry. I share initials with KG and like his fire, but Paul Pierce is a deal breaker for me. My preseason picks for the finals were Cavs - Hornets.

So, the question for today is, does the 2-6 record of the Celts over their last 8 games mean anything? In one sense, the answer has to be "no". They have the 3rd best record in the league, it's only early January and there is a ton of time to right the ship.

In another sense though the answer has to be "maybe". Since losing to the Lakers on Christmas day, they've lost to (among others) Golden State, the Knicks, and Charlotte.

People, the Thunder have defeated Golden State and the Knicks!!!

Boston's core is old. Rondo is getting better but I remain unconvinced about Perkins and Powe.

I am looking forward very much to Friday's Cavs-Celts game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a Los Angeles native, this post -- and, indeed, anything that indicates that the Celtics are suffering even a little -- fills me with malicious glee.