Thursday, June 12, 2008

dude: OF COURSE YOU GOTTA VET THE VETTERS!!!!!

This is gonna be a fun election. BO is as nutty in his own way as Johnny Mac. He travels the country railing at Countrywide and its CEO by name over and over. He then appoints as his VP vetting head a dude who is in bed bigtime with said CEO and company.

When called on it he basically says, "what do you expect me to do? I can't possibly vet my vetters". He also appears to say that the guy doesn't work for him apparently because he's not getting paid and hasn't (yet) been given a permanent position in the BO administration.

I love the hollow moral outrage of people who by definition feel themselves incapable of doing something wrong or making a mistake.

feast your eyes and ears people:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first reaction to hearing him say "I can't possibly vet my vetters" was to think, 'Isn't that your job?' When it comes to picking an AG, court appointees etc. isn't he supposed to be the chief vetter? Unfortunately, most of his vetters will probably let him slide.

Anonymous said...

What he should have said is "see, this is why you need to elect me in order to change washington culture. Everyone in DC knows that the only people who will work for free are fresh faced interns who live on daddy's dime, or wealthy lobbyists. Once I'm elected this won't be possible, as no one will be able to afford working for free. They'll need a paying job to cover the tax increase."

Anonymous said...

The entire political agenda in Washington is driven be an "End of the World" scenario. Global warming is the the excuse the politicians will use to set up a totalitarian state in the US.

GrEaT sAtAn'S gIrLfRiEnD said...

Why is this cat getting such a pass on such a faux pas?